26 July 2013

HEJ MEATBALL

bIMG_4354IMG_4369
svensk köttbulle; swedish meatball

My 3rd Friday in a row whipping up lunch (more like a kids meal) for my Mom and myself. A pity I didn't have the ingredients to make the sauce, had to suffice with some strawberry jam. The meal looked so dry and the meatball wasn't properly rolled, hence the various sizes and not being really round but it tasted pretty good to us. My roasted mushrooms weren't roasted enough but its ok! I learn and will always try them again.

If you're keen to try, here's the recipe for meatballs. You'll need: 2-3 garlic cloves, 1 small onions, minced meat or ground meat of your choice (I used minced pork), teriyaki sauce (you can try others), breadcrumbs, 1 egg yolk, rosemary, salt, pepper, olive oil.

01 Finely chop garlic and onions.
02 Mix them evenly with meat, egg yolk, teriyaki sauce (1 tbs), breadcrumbs, rosemary, a pinch of salt and black pepper.
03 Suppose to roll them in your hands into a ball which I forgot to do so, then stir fry it on a pan over olive oil. Flipping all sides to fry for about 5-7mins. And you're done! I can't exactly state how much sauce or breadcrumbs to put in, its really up to your choice and the amount you're making.

No comments: