10 January 2012

When In Hainan

Having lemon cookies with tea and milo with my Sister while watching an old Chinese film.

Sorry for the seemingly lack of pants. I am wearing shorts underneath but I still look pant-less...First time wearing the shirt out after purchasing it and thought its long enough to cover at least mid thigh. I'll pack better next time.

Velvet shirt from Macau, UO tights

Turtle neck from Uniqlo, American Apparel pants

Seafood dinner. And that's steamed egg in sea urchin I think.

I like how the peacock and the birds were so natural and cooperative for me to snap.

We were unprepared for a visit to the beach so we did not pack in anything suitable for beach and were rather overdressed.

The food here may look kind of unhygienic but the bbq chicken I tried taste really good especially with their local seasoning powder.

An extremely cold cable car ride up to a hill. The wind was extremely strong and there were several gap around the cable car. Shivered for about 15 minutes hugging my mom and back.

At monkey Island. The guide instructed us not to wear anything related to red or basically flamboyant as the monkeys will get jealous and attack you. And we witness a monkey jumping onto this lady cause she was wearing pink. Too shock to take any pictures during that moment. And another monkey snatching away someone's bag of peanuts. So I didn't dare to go near them.

Seeing a rural piece of land with several homes with nothing else. No shopping malls or schools. It makes me feel very grateful to be in a safe country and a loving family. I thank God once again for all he has bless me with.

Reached this place called Xing Long, one of the colder part of Hainan. Wearing knit and a coat wasn't enough to suffice the cold especially reaching night and with the drop of temperature.

A deserted view outside my hotel with a chicken farm outside. And these chicken made a lot of unpleasant noise in the middle of the night.


I'll be posting a few more pictures taken in Hong Kong once I sort them out. Back to school, felt refreshed but still in midst of tuning my lifestyle back as a student. Busy life coming up but I still hope to update the blog often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did u stay in hk? where are some nice places to shop at or eat?

Unknown said...

I stayed at a guesthouse called Golden Crown guesthouse, its at Tsim Sha Sui. But its not a hotel so its really small, no proper service and looks rather out of place but generally all right.

For shopping, you can go to the usual Langham Place, Lan Kwai Fong, Argyle Mall, The One, Times Square or small streets. There are several other malls but I only went to these few so far.

Eating wise, I can't help much cause I don't remember the road names or exactly where I ate. But there're tons of good food everywhere! On streets or in malls and prices are generally reasonable, pretty much like Singapore's price :)